Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Zenit - Quartz

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sven-Ake's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Although I worked with Super 8 a couple of times in the 80s I' still fairly new to the format. I recently aquired a Russian Zenit - Quartz camera (with Russian documentation)and have the following questions:
    * Any resources in English?
    * How reliable is the Auto exposure with Kodak film?
    * What is the control on the side which goes from -2 to +2 ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope that Im right, (correct if Im wrong gusy) but I think the +2 -2 setting is for a variable shutter.
    As far as resources go for your camera, look at the bottom of Mike Brantley's website hompage, it should have some listing for equipment etc. There you should find some resources for your camera.
    Good luck
    Scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member puistot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [B]I hope that Im right, (correct if Im wrong gusy) but I think the +2 -2 setting is for a variable shutter.

    Here comes the correction: The button with +2 to -2 is used to correct the auto exposure. You can over or under expose up to 2 f-stops.

    And this happens by changing the aperture: the shutter is not variable in this model.

    - Anssi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •